This notice explains what we do in relation to collecting, storing, and processing Personal Data. If you believe that we may hold Personal Data and you are the Data Subject you have various rights under relevant legislation including rights of access.
The Office of the Information Commissioner is the Ireland’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest. Their website can be found at https://oic.ie
If we hold your personal data you are a Data Subject and have a number of rights the General Data Protection Regulation including:
- The right to be informed that your data is being collected. We do this by making this notice available to you and in limited circumstances where we ask for your written consent;
- The right to access your personal data and know what data we hold. You should use the contact information below in the first instance and we will ask you for proof of identity as part of the process;
- The right to rectification. If you believe that your personal data held by us is inaccurate you can ask us to correct the data;
- The right to erasure. You can ask us to erase your personal data but please understand that there are circumstances where we will continue to be entitled to process your data and we will explain any relevant reasons at that time;
- The right to restrict processing. You can ask us to restrict how we use your data;
- The right to portability. You can ask us to provide your personal data in a format that can be transmitted to another data controller;
- The right to object. You can object to a data controller processing your data, typically where it is used for marketing purposes. We do not use personal data for marketing;
- Rights related to automated processing, typically related to automated decisions and profiling. We do not use personal data to automate our decisions without human intervention but you can ask is if we do this.
If you have further questions, wish to access your data, or wish to make a complaint you should contact email@example.com in the first instance.
The Personal Data we hold, the purposes for which we hold it, and what we do with it will be different for different parties. Please click on the relevant link below to find out more.
- People who visit our website
- People who send emails to us
- People who complain to us
- People who contact us about employment
This privacy notice does not extend to other sites accessible via links on this website. Where you access other websites via these links you should read the privacy notices contained on those sites and we can take no responsibility for personal data held or processed by the organisations concerned.
The information below describes the purposes and means by which we process personal data and the scope of use and sharing with other parties. The limitations on scope in relation to sharing with other parties do not apply where we are obliged by law or regulation to a party entitled to receive the personal data.
People who visit our website
We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect details of website visitor patterns. We do this to understand which pages and information are of most interest to visitors to our site to enable us to update and develop the content on our site.
We do not hold any personal data about visitors to our website and our contract with Google Analytics does not permit them to do so either.
People who send emails to us
If an email you sent to us was intended for our sole use and that was made clear to us we will not share it with other parties or provide your contact details.
If an email was sent to us in connection with an insurance policy we may share such emails with insurers, or their agents, in connection with the relevant insurance policy.
They will be Data Controllers with their own obligations and responsibilities in connection with processing your data and you should contact them directly. We will only share this information where it is necessary for dealing with a claim or fulfilling an insurance policy. We can provide you with details of firms with which we have shared your personal data if you request this from us.
People who complain to us
Our Terms of Business Agreements set out the process and contact points for dealing with complaints. Where we receive a complaint in relation to our services we will file that information together with other complaint details gathered by us in the course of investigating and resolving the complaint. This information and any Personal Data will not be shared with any other organisation.
Where we receive complaints about the services of another party; for example an insurer, we will pass details of the complaint, including any personal data provided to us, to the party responsible for the provision of the services. We will advise you where we do this. We will retain a summary of the complaint details for use in analysing the overall service experience of our clients and policyholders.
In the course of quoting and placing insurance policies we may have been provided with personal data.
We will only ever use this information in the course of activities necessary to enter into or fulfil an insurance contract and where required as part of the claims process. We will supply this information to insurers or their agents for these purposes but will otherwise not provide personal data to other parties.
We can provide you with details of firms with which we have shared your personal data if you request this from us.
People in contact with us about employment
If you, or your agent; e.g. a recruitment firm have been in contact with us in relation to a possible position that did not result in you taking up a position with us, certain personal data will have been shared with you.
If you sent the personal data directly to us we will have acted on the basis that you consented to us holding and processing the data for the purpose of a potential job role. If the personal data was sent to us by an organisation to whom you provided the personal data in relation to employment we will similarly have acted on the basis that you consented to the data being provided.
Our policy is to destroy all such personal data within two months of receipt unless we are at that time actively in discussions about a possible specific employment role.